Monday, November 7, 2011

Can Dr Murray Expect a Fair Sentence?


Dr. Conrad Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter. I’m the first to admit that I never cared about Michael Jackson or his death. I have not followed the trial, nor have I opinion on the verdict, or whether Dr. Murray should be released on bail until his sentence.

My concern with Judge Michael E. Pastor’s judicious reasoning arose when he stated that he could not release Dr Murray on bail as “Dr. Murray’s reckless conduct in this case poses a demonstrable risk to the safety of the public”

What risk does Dr Murray pose to the public? Is the respectable judge afraid that until his sentencing on Nov 29th, Dr. Murray will keep practicing unsafe medicine and kill more patients, or is he aware of facts that did not come up in court, and are known to him alone? Can Dr. Murray expect a fair sentence under the circumstances?

No comments: